Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blissful bike!


Oh, the joy of it! I went out for a ride on Penelope yesterday, and it was sheer bliss! Having NOT ridden on Petunia first for an hour beforehand, I was fresh and fit this time and gave my lovely new mount a good tryout on my usual 30 minute exercise route.

My husband came with me on his road bike and I discovered I was no more disadvantaged in the 'keeping up' stakes than when I ride Petunia. Well, perhaps a smidge more but not uncomfortably so. I even managed to leave him standing on a downward slope :-). AND pass him going up a hill!

She's a tougher ride in that my legs really feel it, but her solidity and smoothness more than make up for it. She really does glide along graciously - never was a bike more aptly named than the Princess.

I feel quite different when I ride her... more happy to dawdle along, head up looking at the scenery. In my quest to find a gracious, old-fashioned outlet for my mind and heart in the midst of technology and stress and today's too-fast pace, she (even more so than Petunia) is a vital addition. In her saddle, I can forget everything else.

Can't wait to finish my work for the day and get back into her saddle :-).

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are enjoying the Pashley! Your legs will get used to it and soon you won't even feel it, honest. I went from using the 3rd gear to the 4th gear as my standard flat-land gear in a month.

    I have not ridden my Pashley for the past 2 weeks, as I only took the mixte on holiday with me. Now that I am back, I am looking forward to more Pashley rides, including to the grocery store later today.

    ReplyDelete